What is VHF?
VHF stands for Very High Frequency. The ITU designation for the radio frequency ranges from 30 to 300 MHz. Frequencies below VHF are denoted as High Frequency.
What is UHF?
Radio frequencies higher than VHF that is 300 MHz, are represented as Ultra High Frequency or UHF.
It is essential to know what kind of radiofrequency you require when you are indoor and outdoor. Accordingly, it would help if you got it.
If your requirements lie in areas free from significant obstructions like buildings, you can go for Very High Frequency. But if you require radio frequencies in areas where there are buildings and other obstacles or are using wallies talkies inside, you should go for Ultra High Frequency.
Points about Very High Frequency:
- VHF is mainly used for FM radio telecasts, long-range data communication, and two-way land mobile radio systems. To sum up, the whole thing, keeping the outdoor choices in mind, Very High Frequency is a good option. But when you use walkies talkies inside, Ultra High Frequency can be a good option for you.
- This type of high frequency is mostly less disturbed by different kinds of obstructions like electrical pieces of equipment, atmospheric noise, etc.
- This frequency has different bands of ranges like low band ranges and high band ranges. The frequency is around 49 MHz in the case of Low band ranges. This will include toys, cordless phones, and wireless microphones, which are radio operated. The higher band range comprises multiple types of things. The frequency of this higher band range is 54 MHz.
- As mentioned above, walkies talkies that are used outdoors; this frequency can be a good option. Due to its lesser frequency than Ultra High-Frequency waves, it can not cross obstructions like high buildings and all. That’s why it is better to use in outdoor areas. When it comes to VHF Vs. UHF, VHF will be better for outdoor and UHF for inside services.
- For any severe uses, very high-frequency waves are not recommended keeping the noise it makes in mind. But if you put aside the noise that it makes, Very High-Frequency waves are used heavily due to their affordability. That’s why these VHFs are mostly used by any community irrespective of the pricing, which is famous for the same reason.
- Using these VHFs for pro use, high band VHF ranges can be a better option. These are called travel frequencies because they can be used worldwide without any type of fear of getting c.
- VHF operated models are of a lesser budget than those operated by Ultra High-Frequency band ranges. So when you are on a tight budget, you need to go for Very High Frequency used sets.
- If you are using your walkies talkies indoors with very high-frequency band ranges, you may find many dead signs that occur due to the length of Very High-Frequency radio waves.
Points about Ultra High Frequency:
As the frequency increases to Very High-Frequency waves, hence the wavelength decreases. Due to the shorter length of Ultra High-Frequency waves, the length of the antenna is also reduced.
To be very precise, these shorter lengths of these ultra-high frequency waves are the reasons why the walkies talkies mostly find out in the inner area.
- Unlike the case of very high-frequency waves, in ultra high-frequency waves, the high band mostly overlaps with low band range waves. High band ranges are mostly known because of the least amount of disturbances than soft band ranges, but it requires a special antenna that measures it four inches.
- Any obstructions that come in the way of the sightline can negatively affect the ultra-high frequency waves. But these UHFs have higher frequencies, and that’s why they can move around the walls even. This is the reason why ultra-high-frequency waves are the best-used option for indoor usages.
- The models of walkies talkies that use ultra-high frequency waves are much more costly than those that use very high-frequency waves. The reason behind this expensiveness is that ultra-high frequency waves are designed to go way more than the very high-frequency waves.
- If you are looking for a wallies talkies to use inside your house or room or even if you are using it outdoors but in city areas, you should choose ultra-high frequency waves instead of very high-frequency waves.
The concept of city areas is due to the presence of numerous taller buildings in cities. Hence Very High-Frequency waves may feel more obstructions and can not perform to their best. So it is better to choose ultra-high-frequency waves.
What to choose?
If you are still confused between Very High Frequency and Ultra High-Frequency ranges and can not figure out which one to choose for yourself, then read this paragraph.
If you need the system for exclusively outdoor and in a less chaotic area, you should go for Very High-Frequency ranges. But if you are looking for a system that you will use outdoors or in a city area, it will be better for you to go for Ultra High-Frequency wave ranges.
Although working outdoors and still wanting to get Ultra High-Frequency ranges for a better experience, it is okay. But if you are on a tight budget, you should look at it. Going out of your budget will not help you in any way. So be clear about what you need and how far you can go.
After reading all this information as mentioned above and suggestions, you should go through your own needs and requirements and figure out the best option for you.
There are two things you should focus on while choosing the system for you.
One is your requirements. You should figure out whether you need very high-frequency waves or ultra-high frequency waves, depending on the things mentioned earlier. The second one is your budget. It would help if you never went out of your account.
Your needs are endless; the only way you can manage it by making smarter decisions!